Saturday, August 16, 2014

BH Cosmetics 11 piece Pink Polka Dot Brush Set Review


Like any profession you need the right tools to get the job done. My tools just happy to be adorable pink polka dot covered makeup brushes! I heard about BH cosmetics years ago but never committed to actually buying anything. Why you ask, because I at the time felt like the only makeup brush worth buying was MAC's. I mean twenty-six dollars for a brush was a little pricey but there soooo soft and well made (well most of them, some do shed really bad!). There cant be anything out there just as good  for less right? Anyways enough with the rambling, lets get  on with what you really want to know...Are these brushes a MUST or a BUST!


First lets start with what is included in the set. You get a hard round cylinder brush holder perfect for traveling with. You get eleven brushes in this set for about $23 USD. Not bad for eleven brushes eh! The brushes that are included in this set are Powder Brush, Fan Brush, Angled Blush Brush, Foundation Brush, Tapered Shadow Brush, Eye Shadow Brush, Flat Eyeliner Brush, Angled Shadow Brush, Small Smudge Brush, Tapered Eye Liner Brush, and last but not least a Lip Brush.

I have been using these brushes for a few weeks now and have had a good chance to get an overall idea of what I do and don't like about this set. Lets start with what I love! OMG! when I pulled these brushes out of the plastic that they came in and felt the bristle for the first time I think my heart melted a little.No lie! These are the softest brushes I have ever felt and used! Yes even softer than my MAC brushes. That being said even though they are so soft they are still dense which is nice. The handles for these brushes feel sturdy and strong, so I feel comfortable saying they will last you a long time. I also love the travel case for this set. There is nothing worst then throwing your brushes into your makeup bag and pulling them out to see them all misshaped. Not to mention the brush case is a perfect accessories to any counter top.

Now lets get onto my review of each individual brush and my thoughts on them:

Powder Brush: This brush is soft and feels good on the skin. But unlike some of the other brushes it isn't as dense as I would have liked. I also would have preferred if It was a little bigger too. Personally I prefer something more along the lines of a kabuki brush to really buff my powered into my skin. But in a pinch and for travelling this brush will do just fine.

Fan Brush: This brush is one of the reasons I wanted to get this set so bad! Its perfect for highlighting your cheekbones or contouring your face. The bristle are soft and and movable but still dense. I was concerned because the brush fans out so wide that opening and closes the case may cause it to become misshaped but it has held up very well. Overall I think this brush alone is totally worth it!

Angled Blush Brush:This brush like all the others is soft but not very dense at all. It is perfect for applying blush and bronzer well travelling. I say well travelling because I would not use this brush for everyday makeup application. I find that it is a little to small for my preference. Also when it comes to contouring I prefer a much more precise and thinner contour brush.

Foundation Brush: To be honest not one of my most favourite brushes to apply foundation with at all. Maybe I am not using it right or something but every time I use a brush like this it always leaves streaks. This brush is no different.This brush is very soft and dense. I would have preferred if that had changed this brush out for a flat top foundation brush or something along those lines.

Eye shadow /Eyeliner Brushes: These brushes like the rest are all soft and dense. Out of all these brushes there is not one that I could not find a use for. The blending brush is perfect not to big but not to small easy to use. The smudge brush was just the perfect size to get under your lower lash line to create that perfect smudge look. ( Honestly a smokey eye must!) Overall the shadow and eyeliner brushes they put into this kit are perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about them or add any brushes to them. They are perfect for a stay away.

Lip liner Brush: When I first open this set and was looking at all the brushes I thought this brush was just an oddly larger shaped eyeliner brush. The brush itself is dense which is nice for a more controlled lipstick application, but I find it to be a little over sized for my lips. I don't have the worlds largest lips or the smallest but I just found I didn't get the best application I could have with this brush. I would have preferred it way more if it was slightly smaller so I could get a crisp clean lipstick application. (Especially if you like to wear REDS)

Okay so now that I have gone more into the bristles of things. You are probably wondering do I think this is a MUST or a BUST? In my mind this is forsure a MUST! The Fan brush and eye shadow /eyeliner brushes alone sold me on this set. The other brushes are not horrible by any means they just didn't wow me like the others. I would absolutely recommend this set to anyone who wants to expand there brushes at home or just wants to get a nice set to travel with.

Disclaimer: All opinions are my  own and the brushes have been purchased with my own money.

For business inquires: b_hamelin@live.com


Link to the Brushes: http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/11-pcs-pink-a-dot-brush-set

Brushes with Travel Case



Small Smudge Brush, Tapered Eyeliner Brush,Eye Shadow Brush, Blending Brush,
Flat Eyeliner Brush, Lip Brush




Fan Brush, Foundation Brush, Angled Blush Brush, Powder Brush

































































No comments:

Post a Comment